General Information
The history of the Faculty of Tourism dates back to 1956 when it was first set up as “Secretary Teacher Training Center”. At the same year, the institution was renamed as “The School of Commerce Teacher”. In 1982, the School was converted to the Department of Commerce and Tourism Education under the Gazi University Faculty of Vocational Education. Ten years later, in 1992, the Department of Commerce and Tourism Education was converted into the Faculty of Commerce and Tourism Education. The Faculty of Commerce and Tourism Education was closed on 13 November 2009 and Faculty of Tourism was founded in place of the previous faculty. Thus; the Faculty of Tourism gained its present legal status and structures. Currently, the Faculty of Tourism has four departments. These are Tourism Management, Tourism Guidance, Recreation Management, and Gastronomy and Culinary Arts. The Faculty of Tourism offers 4-year undergraduate programs in the departments listed above. During the first 4 terms, students receive the common courses. On the other hand, in the following terms, students are offered courses, both applied and theory-based, in their specialized fields. Although newly-founded, the Faculty of Tourism offers wide technical and physical opportunities for students with its 13 lecture halls, 3 seminar halls, 5 computer labs, a reading room, a conference hall, a student canteen, a practice hotel, a practice kitchen, a practice restaurant and laundry.